The GSManager needs the following things to work:
- A supported gameserver, which should be managed.
- A root/v-server or any other computer, on which the program can run.
PHP is also needed. The installation and configuration of PHP is described in the following section.
PHP is required. Please take a look at the download site too see which version is needed.
2.1 PHP for Windows
- Download the newest version from this site (first version as a zip file).
- Extract the zip file to any folder, e.g. C:\php\
- In this folder rename the file php.ini-production to php.ini and edit it with a text editor. On doing so, uncomment the following lines (remove the semicolon from the beginning of the line):
- extension_dir = "ext"
Note: The currently available experimental 64-bit versions of PHP are not supported and do NOT work with GSManager so far!
2.2 PHP for Linux
For debian based distributions you can intall PHP with the following command (as root): apt-get install php5-cli php5-mysql php5-sqlite php5-curl php5-json
The counterpart for openSuSE: yast -i php5 php5-cli php5-mysql php5-sqlite php5-curl php5-json
- Download the GSManager from this website.
- Extract the zip file to any location, e.g. C:\GSManager
- Open the file gsm.cfg with a text editor and adjust as follows:
- NAME: This setting only concerns linux installations and is used to distinguish different instances from each other - the name should ne unique then.
- GAME: One of the following: cod2, cod4, cod5, cod6, bf4, bfhl
- CFGDIR: Defines the path to the config directory of the GSManager, usually this need not to be changed.
- LOGDIR: Defines the path to the log directory of the GSManager, usually this need not to be changed.
- PHP: Defines the path to the PHP executable including the executable file itself. For example C:\php\php.exe or /usr/bin/php
At this point the GSManager is installed - but not configured yet. For this read the General Configuration.
To start the GSManager on windows just run the gsm.bat.
On linux the startscript must be set as an executable with chmod u+x gsm.sh and then can be run with: ./gsm.sh start